Kitchen Fire at Truman Student Union

A kitchen fire caused evacuation at Truman State’s Student Union Building.

The Truman Police and the Kirksville Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in the second-floor kitchen at around 5 yesterday morning. They found a fryer in the kitchen engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to that area. Truman’s Mainstreet Market, kitchen area and parts of the first floor of the Student Union Building sustained smoke and water damage. The Student Union Building openened at 8AM with limited access to parts of the building. The Mainstreet Market will be closed until further notice, while other food and beverage services, along with other parts of the building itself, will remain open.