Fire Displaces Kirksville Family

The American Red Cross is helping a Kirksville family after a home fire.

The fire broke out at a mobile home in Town & Country yesteday afternoon. According to officials, the fire started underneath the trailer, then burned through the floor, and spread into the interior of the home. No one was home at the time, and the home is a total loss. Nothing inside was salvagable. Kirksville Fire Department’s Battalion Chief says the fire was caused by a propane salamander being used to thaw out the water pipes.