Investigation Continues in Deadly Monroe County Fire

Investigators have released new information on a deadly fire in Monroe County. On Thursday afternoon fire crews responded to the modular home fire west of Paris, off Highway 24. They arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the rear entrance to the home. Once inside, crews found the female resident in the bedroom of the home. The Missouri Department of Fire Safety Communications Director says the the heavy damage is making it difficult to determine an exact cause of the fire, but invesgitators believe the fire started by the rear entrance, in an area near the washer and dryer. The dryer or electrical wiring could not be eliminated as a cause.